Child Care Nutrition
Healthy eating habits start young. The Child Care Nutrition Program promotes good nutrition by reimbursing licensed child care providers who serve nutritious snacks and meals. The Child Care Nutrition Program serves as a support system for child care providers. As a program participant, you'll receive our monthly newsletter with nutrition news, recipes, food program updates and articles of interest to child care providers.
To be eligible for the program you must:
- Maintain a family child care license
- Keep daily records of meals served and children in care
- Serve foods that meet USDA guidelines
- Complete a two-hour nutrition training each year
- Participate in home visits three times a year
Promote good health for the entire family by enrolling in the Child Care Nutrition Program. Call our office for eligibility information and reimbursement rates.